Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WE ARE IN CHINA!!

We left Atlanta at 4 p.m. Sunday May 22nd and landed in Los Angeles about 6 p.m. LA time. After a layover of 5 1/2  hours, we boarded our plane for China at 11:30 p.m. and arrived in China at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday morning, May 24th, (it is now 5:15 p.m. Tuesday afternoon in China). We had smooth flights all the way - just long!! We praise GOD for HIS protection over our lives and the lives of all the passengers on our flights!!

Once we checked in to the China Hotel, we had to meet the group for brunch at 10:30. We were served some very different and unusual dishes. Bethany tried just about everything; Terry and I were not so brave!!

We leave in the morning, Wednesday, May 25th, at 5:45 a.m. to fly to Lydia's province, Guizhou. Sometime in the afternoon, we will meet Lydia face to face and heart to heart!! "Love will take us in" once again!! She waits and we wait!! Only THE FATHER of adoption holds all the details of our meeting in safekeeping, and HE will once again DISPLAY HIS GLORY in a mighty way!! No feeble, human words can describe the MIRACLE of adoption, neither spiritual or physical. How sweet HE is to let us experience such an AMAZING LOVE - first of all, when HE adopts us through our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST, and then when he allows us to be blessed to love and to be loved by HIS PRECIOUS GIFTS - to scoop them up and bring them home!! We then can point them to "THEIR REDEEMER, WHO SHOWS HIMSELF STRONG ON THEIR BEHALF!"

ALL PRAISE TO HIM!!!

Ready to Go!
Lunch at Chili's at Hartsfield
Luggage Safe & Sound!
The Taste Challenge!
Duck with Head - I don't think so!
3 Big Sisters wait for their Little Sisters!

"I will sing to the LORD because He has dealt bountifully with me." Psalm 13:6

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great to hear from you! I have been praying for yall so much! Tell Bethany that Haley and Jaret have been looking for pictures of her it seems like every 5 minutes!
Love yall,
Susan

Anonymous said...

PTL ... glad to hear you're there!!! Thanks for the update. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to see pictures of all 4! :)

Love ya,
Machell

Anonymous said...

I heard from yall through ms Joella. Glad yall made a safe trip. We love yall bunches!!PS the pictures are cute!

Amy Grenade said...

Mrs. Patricia,
My heart just leaps for joy for your wonderful family! I'm so glad that you have made it to this part of the journey. I cannot wait for you to bring precious Lydia home to Eastman. I know Bethany is so excited about becoming a big sister! I know she will be a wonderful one! Y'all are in our prayers and can't wait to read more!
Cody, Amy, and Micah

Anonymous said...

Patricia,

So glad to hear yall had a safe trip. Sounds like everyone is having a busy but good time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love you. Kay

chasmar123 said...

Terry, Patricia, & Bethany,
I was so glad to hear you were blogging about your journey to Lydia. Thank you for sharing your hearts with us. Prayers are being lifted up for all of you. Mary

Wendy Rogers said...

So excited to hear from yall through the blog. Emmi said, "I missed Bethany, I wish she was here. " (After the dance recital)
I have her a little surprise from Mrs. Davonne too. Can't wait to meet Lydia-I hope she loves me and lets me hold her as much as Bethany did in the nursery :). Praying for all of you!
Wendy and Family

Keisha said...

Oh! How we've been praying for you all! I keep refreshing the page here..... Lol! I know you must already have her by now, & I'm praying all is well my sweet friend! Enjoy every God given second with your new little one! & go eat some DimSum for me!!

Anonymous said...

I am with all those the posted already - so anxious to see pictures and so excited for your family that Lydia will be joining your family. Praying for you all through this transition time. Praying for safety and that everything goes smoothly. Love you!! Kim Campbell

Brita said...

Oh I cant stand it I have to read it all but have to get to piano lessons!! Beautiful Bethany looks just the same with her bright beautiful smile and eyes!! Sooo happy and excited for you!!! love and blessings, b