Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Waiting and anticipating.........

We thought we would have Lydia in our arms today, but when we arrived in Guiyang (we thank God for another safe flight) our facilitator told us "Gotcha Day" would be tomorrow at 3 p.m. She told us that Lydia is about 6 hours away from Guiyang, which is the capital of Guizhou province. We didn't realize she was that far away; she will be making quite a journey to us tomorrow.

We are disappointed, but we know that God is sovereign over this divine appointment. We trust His timing and rest in Him!! Our anticipation and excitement grow as we watch the hours roll by.

Matt and Keisha, we will get to see all those monkeys! Bethany is so excited!!

We love you all and so appreciate all your encouraging comments. Thank you most of all for your prayers; we can feel THE POWER!! We are blessed beyond measure, and we praise GOD for placing us among you!!

Guiyang is a busy city. Here are a few pictures from our walk-about today, not as exciting as pictures of Lydia, I know. Hold on until tomorrow.

40 Floors
A Beautiful Spot
Back in Time
Just around the corner
This is serious!
"And there shall be stability in your times, an abundance of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge; the reverent fear and worship of the Lord is your treasure and His." Isaiah 33:6 (Amplified)

8 comments:

Machell said...

Oh well, we will see her tomorrow ... just one more day on the roller coaster of adoption. What a GREAT ride it is. God's timing is always the best. I need to remind myself of that too. Maybe you just need to rest up for tomorrow. Still praying!!! :)

Love Ya,
Machell

Keisha said...

YAY! Hope you had a fun time seeing all those Monkey's Bethany! :) And.. I hope you didn't feed them.... ??.
HAHAHA!!
We are still praying for Miss Lydia's safe travels & her attachment process. God is Good & Faithful!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Heard yall are doing well.Cant wait to see Lydia. Yall have fun and be careful. We love you.

Jessica, Brad, and Holli

Susan said...

I didn't realize it was this week! I'm so excited for y'all! I can't say that I know how you feel, only Keisha and Machell can relate to that, but I know the eagerness in your voice as you talked about Lydia in Sunday School was so great that you have to be relieved that it's so close to "the day" of her arrival. Have a good time, take LOTS of pictures, and God be with the family on the trip home!

Love you,
Susan Heard

Shane said...

Thought I'd drop yall a line while I was sitting here doing nothing. I'm glad yall are safe and having a good time. I know you can't wait to see Lydia. I'll bet Fu Fu is fit to be tied. Tell her not to eat the duck's head, that thang looked gross. Tell Lydia not to worry I'll have a name for her by the time she touches down in GA. USA. Aunt Da says hello, and she loves yall. Yall be careful, we're praying for yall.

wynanneh said...

So glad y'all arrived safely. Sounds like everything is proceeding pretty good....just a little glitch won't hinder the excitement of embracing Lydia!! I know Bethany is excited beyond belief with this new world and getting a sister.....we lift up all of you daily in prayer. Love you.....Wynanne

Donna said...

Congradulations, to the new parents and sister of Lydia. I know she is Precious. So happy for y'all. I woke up this AM with y'all on my mind that by now you have met Lydia (if not it won't be long). She has a new mom, dad and big sister to take care of her and love her. I am so proud for all of you; what a great family. As you always say ALL PRAISE TO HIM!! Can't wait for y'all to get home so we can love her too. Be safe. LOVE Donna

LaMae said...

She is beautiful and Coming to the best parents and sister. Praying for safe travels. God is good and his promises are faithful, psalms 23. LaMae and Jim